Research on AI & IP underlying this project
- Abbott, Ryan Benjamin, I Think, Therefore I Invent: Creative Computers and the Future of Patent Law. Boston College Law Review, Vol. 57, No. 4, 2016. https://ssrn.com/abstract=2727884.
- Abbott, Ryan Benjamin, Everything is Obvious. 66 UCLA L. Rev. 2 (2018). https://ssrn.com/abstract=3056915.
- Abbott, Ryan Benjamin, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Intellectual Property: Protecting Computer-Generated Works in the United Kingdom (November 2, 2017). Research Handbook on Intellectual Property and Digital Technologies (Tanya Aplin, ed), Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd, Forthcoming. https://ssrn.com/abstract=3064213.
AI & Intellectual Property Offices
World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO)
European Patent Office (EPO)
- Lawrence B. Solum, Legal Personhood for Artificial Intelligences, 70 N.C. L. Rev. 1231 (1992)
- Amir. H. Khoury, Intellectual Property Rights for Hubots: On the Legal Implications of Human-like Robots as Innovators and Creators, 35 Cardozo Arts & Ent. L.J. 635 (2017)
- Ralph D. Clifford, Intellectual Property in the Era of the Creative Computer Program: Will the True Creator Please Stand Up , 71 Tul. L. Rev. 1675 (1997)
- Tal Montal & Zvi Reich (2017) I, Robot. You, Journalist. Who is the Author? Digital Journalism, 5:7, 829-849, DOI: 10.1080/21670811.2016.1209083
- Andrew J. Wu, From Video Games to Artificial Intelligence: Assigning Copyright Ownership to Works Generated by Increasingly Sophisticated Computer Programs, 25 AIPLA Q. J. 131 (1997).
- Tal Vigderson, Hamlet II: The Sequel: The Rights of Authors vs. Computer-Generated Read-Alike Works, 28 Loy. L. A. L. Rev. 401 (1994)
- Yanisky-Ravid, Shlomit, Generating Rembrandt: Artificial Intelligence, Copyright, and Accountability in the 3A Era — The Human-Like Authors Are Already Here — A New Model (April 24, 2017). Michigan State Law Review, Forthcoming. https://ssrn.com/abstract=2957722.
- Yanisky-Ravid, Shlomit and Liu, Xiaoqiong (Jackie), When Artificial Intelligence Systems Produce Inventions: The 3A Era and an Alternative Model for Patent Law (March 1, 2017). 39 Cardozo Law Review, 2215-2263 (2018). https://ssrn.com/abstract=2931828.
- Mark Perry, Thomas Margoni. From music tracks to Google maps: Who owns computer-generated works? Computer law & security review 26 (2010) 621–629.
- Denicola, Robert, Ex Machina: Copyright Protection for Computer-Generated Works (2016). 69 Rutgers University Law Review 251 (2016). https://ssrn.com/abstract=3007842.
- Craig, Carys J. and Kerr, Ian R., The Death of the AI Author (March 25, 2019). https://ssrn.com/abstract=3374951.
- Robinson, Walter Keith and Smith, Joshua T., Emerging Technologies Challenging Current Legal Paradigms (2018). Minnesota Journal of Law, Science & Technology, Vol. 19, No. 2, 2018. https://ssrn.com/abstract=3220440
- Copyright Protection for Computer Programs, Databases, and Computer-Generated Works: Is Anything New Since CONTU? 106 Harv. L. Rev. 1977 (1993).
- Bruce E. Boyden, Emergent Works, 39 Colum. J.L. & Arts 377 (2016).
- Allocating Ownership Rights in Computer-Generated Works, 47 U. PITT. L. REV. 1185, 1199–1200 (1986).
- Guadamuz, Andres, Do Androids Dream of Electric Copyright? Comparative Analysis of Originality in Artificial Intelligence Generated Works (June 5, 2017). Intellectual Property Quarterly, 2017 (2). https://ssrn.com/abstract=2981304.
- Neal F. Burstyn, Creative Sparks: Works of Nature, Selection, and the Human Author, 39 Colum. J.L. & Arts 281 (2015).
- Darin Glasser, Copyrights in Computer-Generated Works: Whom, if Anyone, Do We Reward?, 1 Duke Law & Technology Review (2001).
- William T. Ralston, Copyright in Computer-Composed Music: HAL Meets Handel, 52 J. Copyright Soc’y U.S.A. 281 (2005)
- An evolutionary step in intellectual property rights : artificial intelligence and intellectual property. Davies, Colin.Yn: Computer law and security review, Cyfrol 27, Rhif 6, 01.12.2011, t. 601 – 619.
- Kalin Hristov, Artificial Intelligence and the Copyright Dilemma, 57 IDEA 431 (2017).
- Schuster, W. Michael, Artificial Intelligence and Patent Ownership (March 1, 2018). 75 Washington and Lee Law Review 1945 (2019). https://ssrn.com/abstract=3132753
- James Grimmelmann, Copyright for Literate Robots, 101 Iowa L. Rev. 657 (2016).
- R.J. Hart, (1988) “Copyright and computer generated works”, Aslib Proceedings, Vol. 40 Issue: 6, pp.173-181, https://doi.org/10.1108/eb051098.
- Madeleine de Cock Buning, Autonomous Intelligent Systems as Creative Agents under the EU Framework for Intellectual Property, 7 Eur. J. Risk Reg. 310 (2016).
- Bridget Watson, A Mind of Its Own – Direct Infringement by Users of Artificial Intelligence Systems, 58 IDEA 65 (2017).
- A fourth law of robotics? Copyright and the law and ethics of machine co-production. / Schafer, Burkhard; Komuves, David; Zatarain, Jesus Niebla; Diver, Laurence.In: Artificial Intelligence and Law, Vol. 23, No. 3, 23.09.2015, p. 217-240.